11 events this week
Quote of the Week
"Festivals are players in the urban politics of space and location, they are capable of achieving a certain re-mapping of the city in the minds of its inhabitants and visitors, to challenge habitual perceptions of the urban environment, dispel prejudices and “common truths” about some neighborhoods, create alternative routes for the curious and set out new paths of mobility."
EFA – Giving festivals a voice!
The European Festivals Association is the umbrella organisation for festivals across Europe and beyond. One of the oldest cultural networks in Europe, it was founded in Geneva, Switzerland, in 1952 as a joint initiative of the eminent conductor Igor Markevitch and the great philosopher Denis de Rougemont. Since its foundation, the Association has grown from 15 festivals into a dynamic network representing more than 100 music, dance, theatre and multidisciplinary festivals, national festival associations and cultural organisations from 42 countries.
12/03/2014 (3 events)Wednesday
- Music & Nature: The Chirping of the Nightingale
- Slovenian Music Days : The Choir of the Conservatory of Music and Ballet Ljubljana
- Slovenian Music Days : The Slovenian Philharmonic String Chamber Orchestra
13/03/2014 (2 events)Thursday
- Music & Nature: The Al Bustan Festival Choir
- Slovenian Music Days : Jože Kotar, clarinet; Luca Ferrini, piano