- 28 November 2011 - Innsbruck Festival of Early Music 2012: A journey to “the beauty of the unknown”
- 04 August 2011 - Magic Moments at the 2011 Innsbruck Festival from 10 to 28 August
- 12 July 2011 - Innsbruck Festival of Early Music announces International Singing Competition for Baroque Opera
Keep in Touch
Herzog Friedrich Strasse 21/1
Tel: +43 (0)1 88088
Tel: +43 512 571032
Fax: +43 512 564132
Innsbrucker Festwochen der Alten Musik
Innsbruck is a centre of early musi with staged opera productions, concerts and a huge fringe programme, not to forget our International Singing Competition for Baroque Opera. www.altemusik.at
This festival has been an EFA member since 2004.
Each EFA member manages its own Calendar. In case there is no programme availabable for this year, please visit the festival's own website.
- programme 2011
- programme 2010Programme card 2010 (pdf)
- programme 2007Programme card 2007 (pdf)
- programme 2006
- programme 2005
In the year 1963, to celebrate the 600th anniversary of Tyrolean apartenage to Austria, the Innsbruck musician Prof. Otto Ulf (1907 - 1993) presented the first Ambras Castle Concert, and every August since 1976 Innsbruck with its Festwochen has been a mecca for Early Music fans. Famous conductors such as René Jacobs, Nikolaus Harnoncourt, John Eliot Gardiner and Alan Curtis have performed here, opera stars such as Jennifer Larmore and the counter-tenor Derek Lee Ragin have enthralled audiences, musicians such as Jordi Savall and Sigiswald Kuijken have given spellbinding concerts in Innsbruck.
Since 2010 Alessandro De Marchi is the new artistic director of the Festival and took over this position from René Jacobs.