Quote of the Week
"Without art, the crudeness of reality would make the world unbearable."
The European Festivals Assocation is an organisation with a long history. This page provides links to the EFA archives available on the web.
We will also publish an itemized database with EFA and EFA related archival items including publications, studies, writings etc, which are maintained at the "Université de Genève": In 2004, EFA has finalized an agreement with the Université de Genève with whom EFA has been collaborating for a long time: the "Institut européen" will maintain the Association's archives which will be accessible for researchers and academics at the Château de Coppet in Switzerland. This will be the home of the database of documents and publications collected in a history of more than 50 years.
If you are a scholar, an academic, a scientist or just a person who is interested in the research on festivals and if you seek material on the festival phenomenon, please do not hesitate to visit our archives at the
Institut européen de l'Université de Genève
CH - 1296 Coppet
tel: +41-22 960 71 10
fax: +41-22 960 71 11
email: lubor.jilek (at) ieug.unige.ch or Kathrin
- The EFA BOOKS Series
- Mission Statement of Hugo De Greef (EFA Secretary General 2004-2008)
- Message from the President (2005)
- Message from the President (April 2004)
- Message from the President (March 2003)
- Message from the President (May 2000)
- EFA 50th anniversary Charter
- EFA Arts Festivals’ Declaration on Intercultural Dialogue