By the 70-Years-On Thinking Group, in the frame of the 70th Anniversary of the European Festivals Association in 2022.
Menu for Action under continual construction
70 years after its birth, EFA is guided by a Thinking Group, who has shaped the European Festivals 70-Years-On Agenda for the next few years and have pledged to be around when this menu is put into action – an agenda that remains under continual construction.
The members of this group have given a statement related to the following question: How can a festival impact society most significantly in your opinion? Can we influence politics as a sector? Do we want to fulfil a societal purpose? more than ever, or less?
You can find their statements under their photos below.
Arts Festivals Summit 2022 Yerevan - 70-Years-On Thinking Group
- Marko Ahtisaari Artistic Director of the Helsinki Festival
- Julia AmourDirector of Festivals Edinburgh
- Emily Ansenk General Director Holland Festival
- Altay Bayram Program Director at the Mersin Int. Music Festival
- Jan BriersPresident of the European Festivals Association, the Federation of Music Festivals in Flanders and Flanders Festival Ghent
- Darko Brlek Director and Artistic Director of Festival Ljubljana
- Tamar BrüggemannWonderfeel Festival
- Jurriaan CooimanDirector of CULTURESCAPES
- Tom CreedIrish National Opera, Dublin
- Paul DujardinArtistic Director Horizon 50-200
- Albert Edelman Artistic Coordinator Concertgebouw Brugge & Chair of REMA – European Early Music Network 2019-22’
- Margareta Ferek PetrićComposer and artistic director of Music Biennale Zagreb
- Peter FlorenceCo-Director, the European Festivals Forest, Regeneration Consultant, Founder Hay Festivals
- Joost Fonteyne Intendant Festival van Vlaanderen Brussel
- Mario Frendo Senior Lecturer at the University of Malta, Director of ARC Research & Consultancy
- Davinia GaleaManaging Director ARC Research & Consultancy
- Agata GrendaDirector of The Gdańsk Shakespeare Festival
- Zane Estere Gruntmane Creative knowledge producer
- Péter InkeiDirector of the Budapest Observatory
- Giacomo PediniArtistic Director of Mittelfest
- Eyal SherIsrael Festival Director
- Bartosz SzydlowskiDirector of Divine Comedy International Theatre Festival
- Jovanka Visekruna JankovicFounder and the Artistic Director of ArtLink festival and President of Serbian Festival Association