AFS 2022 70-Years-On Thinking Group
Born in Milan 1956, Romano Ugolini studied Political Science at the University of Bologna and studied Business Management in several American Universities. Romano has been active for over 40 years in the manufacturing sector for the production of wood working machines. He was the General Manager of the American branch of the SCM Group in the decade 1981-1990 in Atlanta, USA.
He is Director of Sales and Marketing at Koch Technology in Westphalia, Germany, from 1997 to the present day. He was Sales Director of the German company Survey Marketing & Consulting from 2001 to 2009.
From 1999 to date it has conceived and co-organised over 70 trade fairs in 8 countries around the world.
Romano’s deep interest in the environment and sustainability were the motivations to conceive and develop the Ecoarea Better Living Company and the Ecoarea multipurpose incubator center for innovative Green start-ups and green networking communities
- Founder and owner of Ecoarea Better Living
- Co-Founder of the Environment and Health Network Ambiente e Salute
- Co-Founder of Ecoevents (Green event certification company)
- Koch Technology Sales Director, Germany
- Founder and owner of Exhibition Condominio Eco
- President of CONFASSOCIAZIONI Emilia Romagna.
- Visiting Professor on Sustainability at 24 ORE Business School
- TEDx Licensee and Organiser
- Author of the book " The Event that is good to the Planet"
- Member of several Boards of Innovative Start-ups