EFA Members General Assembly 2020: Follow-up
Although we were not able to meet physically, 77 colleagues from 44 member organisations came together during the online General Assembly Video Conference that took place on 25 November 2020. This day was composed of 5 specific moments during the day preceded by a yoga session.
From this page you will be able to consult all important documents related to the General Assembly and the other sessions: the reader, the participants lists, the recordings, the PPT presented, and much more.
The EFA Team will develop in the further weeks the new documents related to the new membership fee policy, applicable from beginning January 2021.
If you have any questions or any suggestions, the EFA team is there for you.
1. General Assembly
Wednesday, 25 November 2020, 11:00-13:00 PM (CET)
The General Assembly included a presentation of the last 12 months spent together, in person or on zoom; the proposals for EFA's joint agenda and development of the organisation, and the adoption of some decisions EFA members have to make.
Wednesday, 25 November 2020, 15:00-16:30 PM (CET)
Some members took the "mike" to pitch their co-production project, talked about specifics topic and shared their experience/update about their festivals.
Presentation of the Topics by:
- Mario Hossen - Varna Summer International Music Festival, a live festival in 2020
- Maruša Šinkovič - Reflection of this year and the representation of the 68th Ljubljana Festival
- Jurriaan Cooiman - CULTURESCAPES: Take a break and see who is at the table: next steps for the in-depth programmers meetings
- Jelle Dierickx - Festival Van Vlaanderen Mechelen (Lunalia): the role of digitisation in the arts
- Haris Pašović – Sarajevofest Art and Politics: Need for international collaborations in post corona times: Invitation to collaborate on projects
- Jahangir Selimkhanov - Nasimi Festival: INDASTORAL, a new audio(visual) project
- Laura Lahoud – Al Bustan Festival 2021: Reconnect
- Jovanka Višekruna Janković – Serbian Festivals Association: Festivals and young talents
- Ibrahim Spahić – Sarajevo Winter Festival 2020 and 2021: towards the Cultural Olympics
- Thomas Hummel – Usedom Music Festival Orchestra
- Peter Inkei - EFFE Hub Hungary: How you can contribute to FestivalFinder.eu (a)Live?
- Natália Oszkó-Jakab – Valley of Arts Festival: EFA membership benefits experienced so far
- Sona Hovhannisyan - Yerevan Perspectives International Music Festival presents the draft programme of the Arts Festivals Summit 2022 in Armenia
3. Artists' Words and Works
Wednesday, 25 November 2020, 19:00-20:30 PM (CET)
This evening was dedicated to young artists. The programme included:
- Introduction Speech by Darko Brlek (EFA Honorary Member)
- EFA Young Artist Concert / Festival Castell de Peralada: Spanish bass Manuel Fuentes. He won the Festival Castell de Peralada Prize at the Prestigious Tenor Viñas Competition this year and he will debut at the Festival Castell de Peralada. The performance was followed by a brief presentation by Oriol Aguilà (Director Festival Castell de Peralada) of the Young Artist Prize.
- Keynote speech by Norman Lebrecht: 'What classical music has gained from Covid'
- EFA Young Artist Concert / ArtLink Belgrade: Cellist Petar Pejčić. He won the Anna Kull International Cello Competition 2020, in Graz (Austria). He also won the ArtLink Award for the Most Promising young Artist in Serbia in 2019.