Apply for a visa - Arts Festivals Summit 2022
Who needs to apply for a visa?
If you want to travel to Armenia, you will probably not need to apply for a visa, as the Armenian visa policy allows visa-free entry for people from a large group of countries. You do not need a visa if you are a citizen from one of the EU members states, or if you are from another country on this list.
Armenia requires a visa for some countries such as Bosnia and Herzegovina, Israel, Kosovo, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Tunisia, Turkey, etc.
How to apply for a visa?
If you need a visa, you can apply for one in three ways, depending on your nationality. You can apply for it on arrival, online or at one of the embassies or consulates of Armenia abroad.
1) Applying for an Armenia Visa on arrival:
If you are from one of the countries on this list, you can get your Armenian Visa at the Zvartnots International Airport or Shirak Airport. You will have to pay a fee of 15 000 AMD (around €31).
Citizens from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Israel, Kosovo, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Turkey, etc. can either apply for a visa on arrival or apply for the eVisa (see below).
2) Applying for an Armenia eVisa:
You can apply for the eVisa by clicking here.
You will have to enter your nationality, details regarding your trip, as well as make the visa fee payment. This fee is non-refundable and after your payment, the eVisa will be issued in approximately three working days.
You can always check the status of your visa through the “Check Application Status” button on the website.
The cost differs depending on how long you are staying.
3) Applying for a Visa at an Embassy
You can find out if you need to apply for your visa at an embassy by checking this page. Before applying you need a sponsor in Armenia who will apply for an invitation to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If you need such a letter, please write to info[@]efa-aef.eu and we will provide you with the invitation letter. You will need to also send us the following information:
- Passport type (ordinary, diplomatic, etc.)
- The passport number
- What country your passport was issued by
- Passport validity
- Your citizenship
- Your phone number
- Last name
- Middle name (if applicable)
- Date of birth
- Place of birth by state, region, and city
- Address by state, region, and city
Armenia visa requirements
When applying for an Armenian visa, you need to provide the following documents:
1. A passport, which is valid for at least another six months from the date of entry.
2. Armenia Visa Application Form (download it here)
3. A recent passport-size picture of yourself. If you apply online, don’t forget the picture must be digital.
4. Travel itinerary, such as flight tickets or details of your trip
5. Proof of accommodation in Armenia, e.g. a hotel reservation or an invitation letter if you stay with relatives or friends.
6. Payment of the Armenia visa fee
7. If applying online:
- A valid email address
- A debit/credit card to pay the visa fee
8. If applying at an Embassy: you can find more information here.
9. Any additional documents as requested by the embassy or consulate, depending on the reason for traveling.
Find out more details about the Armenian Visa, such as cost and validity, by clicking here.