Apply for a visa - Arts Festivals Summit 2024
Who needs to apply for a visa?
Most of the delegates will probably not need to apply for a visa, as Germany is a country within the European Union and the Schengen zone.
Germany requires a visa for some countries such as Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kosovo, Russia and Turkey.
Other countries with different requirements: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Israel, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Ukraine and United Kingdom.
Non-EU Citizens from these countries with a biometric passport can enter the Schengen area for short stays without needing a visa.
The number of days permitted to stay in any of the Schengen zone countries doesn’t exceed 90 days/three months every half a year, needless of the travel reasons.
Overview on visa requirements: Table of countries whose citizens require/do not require visas to enter Germany.
More info about visa regulations: www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/visa-service
The following documents are required when applying for a short-term German Schengen visa
- A visa application form. Guideline on how to fill in the form: How to Fill-in Correctly the Schengen Visa Application Form (schengenvisainfo.com)
- Declaration. This is a form issued by the German authorities in your country of residence that you need to sign
- Two passport photos. These must be identical and taken within the last three months
- Your passport/ Travel document: Valid for at least 3 months beyond your planned departure date from Germany. No older than 10 years. Should contain at least two blank pages
- Copies of your previous visas (if you have any)
- Round-trip Flight Itinerary
- Proof of accommodation (we can send you a proof once you are registered to the Arts Festivals Summit)
- Proof of financial funds for your trip to Germany. According to the European Commission information, a foreign applicant applying for a German visa must be able to attest possessing 45€/day to the German Embassy of Consulate for the period of stay in German territory
- A cover letter (please write to camille[@]efa-aef.eu to request the letter)
- Proof of civil status
- Schengen Visa Travel Health Insurance. Prior to your application you should obtain travel health insurance for the whole territory of Germany and all the other Schengen states. Your insurance must cover medical emergencies with a minimum of 30.000€. (Schengen Travel Insurance | Europ Assistance - europ-assistance.com)