Reimagine international touring with us
Perform Europe supports experiments to make touring of performing arts works in Creative Europe countries more sustainable and inclusive. The ultimate goal of Perform Europe is to design a future support scheme for cross-border touring and digital distribution of the performing arts.
Over 18 months, Perform Europe will explore and test sustainable touring practices – on artistic, human, social, economic and ecological levels. It will also promote the digital world as an exciting domain for experimentation in the performing arts.
We will seek to reach out to diverse groups of performing arts professionals and audiences, who usually do not take part in or benefit from international touring of the performing arts. And we will strive to achieve a balanced representation of various players.
What is happening between the start of 2021 and Summer 2022? In a nutshell:
1. Research on the needs of the sector,
2. Launch of the Perform Europe Digital Platform and call for applications,
3. Networking and creation of touring partnerships on the Digital Platform,
4. Awarding of grants to selected partnerships,
5. Touring – both physical and virtual,
6. And finally, release of conclusions on how such a support scheme can become part of Creative Europe 2021-2027.
Want to be part of it? Find out more about the current stage of the project and the opportunities it will provide.
Follow Perform Europe
Perform Europe is co-initiated by a consortium of 5 organisations: IETM, Circostrada, European Festivals Association, European Dancehouse Network and Idea Consult.
Perform Europe is funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Commission.