The Edinburgh International Festival exists to bring world-leading artists together with audiences
Every August, the Edinburgh International Festival transforms Scotland’s capital, one of the world’s most beautiful and historic cities, to present 3 exhilarating weeks of the finest creators and performers from the worlds of music, theatre, opera and dance. The festival’s unique brand values have been created over nearly 70 years of extraordinary creative activity and are rooted in a profound belief in the power of the arts and culture to transform individual lives and national ambitions.
T: 0044131 473 2022 / 0044 131 473 2099
EH 1 2NE Edinburgh
- Sona Jobarteh | At Home in partnership with abrdnPioneering Gambian kora player Sona Jobarteh draws from her Griot lineage in a performance of technically intricate melodies accompanied by her five-...
- Susanna Mälkki | 2022 Edinburgh International FestivalThe Edinburgh International Festival chats to sought-after conductor Susanna Mälkki, Chief Conductor of the Helsinki Philharmonic Orchestra, the...
- A Gaelic Carol from the Edinburgh Festival Chorus | Edinburgh International FestivalEnjoy this beautiful Gaelic Carol from Aidan Oliver and our Edinburgh Festival Chorus, also featuring Gaelic Singer Mairi McGillivray and members of...
- The Edinburgh International Festival is looking for a new Chair to lead the Board of Trustees18 December 2020An unparalleled celebration of the performing arts, Edinburgh International Festival is an annual meeting point for people of all nations and the world’s leading festival of its kind, presenting a...
- Edinburgh International Culture Summit to discuss culture as a currency of trust1 August 2014From 10-12 August 2014, the Edinburgh International Culture Summit invites Culture Ministers, artists, thinkers and arts leaders from around the world to come together to share ideas and discuss...
- New on Festival Bytes: Technology seizes and shifts our perceptions of the world7 August 2013[By Jackie Westbrook] “If it is the role of the artist to convert a strand of silver nitrate into a portrait, a sound wave into a memory, or an LED into a provocation, then we encourage you to...