Art Connects People. Building Bridges since 1969.
EUROPALIA has been organising arts biennales, each focusing on a different guest country, since 1969. Its four-month multidisciplinary programme comprises hundreds of events throughout Belgium and in other European countries. EUROPALIA enthrals a broad European audience not only with exhibitions, but also the performing arts, music, literature, conferences and film. It turns the spotlight not only on big names, but also on talented newcomers. Heritage plays a significant part, but the contemporary scene is also generously covered; new creations and interaction between artists from the guest country and from Europe receive particular attention. The informative services offered to the public, with an especial accent on the young, tries to provide insights that avoid Eurocentrism. It stimulates open dialogue between cultures in an atmosphere of trust. EUROPALIA’s festivals bring about enduring cooperation between artistic partners. The projects travel both in and beyond Europe by means of an international network.
- PLANET HARMONIC KARYA AL SUWARDI YouTube
- meniti jejak tubuh by Sherli Novalinda
- Voice of Papua by Ubiet Raseuki & Theo Samay
- New Director General for EUROPALIA INTERNATIONAL9 December 2016Following a selection process by Egon Zehnder, Koen Clement was today appointed as the new Director General of EUROPALIA INTERNATIONAL by the board of Directors. He will assume the daily management of...
- Europalia Arts Festival focuses on Turkey 29 October 2015As of October, EUROPALIA focuses on Turkey! Turkey is often called “the cradle of civilization”. Since the earliest prehistoric times Anatolia has served as a bridge between Europe and Asia....