A festival for all, with something for everybody. In 1971 the six leading music festivals of the French-speaking community (Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles) came together to found the Festival de Wallonie. In 2011, they were joined by the Musiq'3 Brussels Festival. They did so with the shared aim of promoting classical music of every kind and for every type of audience. Every year, from June to October, the Festival de Wallonie presents more than 150 concerts all over Wallonia and in Brussels, in churches, castles, abbeys, cathedrals and historic buildings. In 2017 we are embarking on a new adventure dedicated to different types of keyboards, travelling through space and time. Organ, harpsichord, kalimba, piano, accordion, celesta, balafon, carillon, glass harmonica, hurdy-gurdy, xylophone, gender-wayang (Bali xylophone), vibraphone, marimba, steel drums, cimbalom, etc. .. Evocative names, each and every one, the mere listing of which evokes the history of music, which beckon to travel. The door is thus wide open for an original, open and diversified programme. The “small” world of keyboards can be revisited with audacity, from the piano recital to the discovery of unknown instruments, and all the composers have done them honour. So here we are, true to pursuing our goals, namely organising high level classical music concerts and attracting also otherwise uninitiated audiences, promoting a dialogue with what are at times remote musical traditions, and exploring different musical horizons.
- Samuel Hasselhorn and Joseph Middelton at the Festival Musical de Wallonie 2018
- Ali Baba at the Festival Musical de Wallonie
- Vineta Sareika, Ayrton Desimpelaere and the Namur Chamber Orchestra at the Hainaut Music Festival
- Les Festivals de Wallonie: New name, new format, same passion!9 June 2017Les Festivals de Wallonie is opening on June 10th in the abbey of Stavelot and runs until October 27th: rediscover the festival with a brand new format. Les Festivals de Wallonie changed its name...
- Festival de Wallonie announces programme 2016: East - West11 May 2016In 2016, the Festival, inspired by the “East-West” theme, aspires to be a new voyage, a round trip featuring many concerts tinted with East-West influence, real blends of music ahead of their time...
- Festival de Wallonie celebrates Namur Music Festival 20107 July 2010From 19 June to 17 July 2010, the Namur Music Festival is running. It is one of the festivals organised by the Belgian Festival de Wallonie. Every year from June to October, the Festival de...