The International Izmir Festival reaching an audience expressed in millions has been proudly providing opportunities to numerous world renowned artists to perform at unique historical venues. As a festival of great prestige and high artistic standards, it has been organised in Izmir, a city located on the Aegean Coast and right in the middle of several historical places and popular touristic resorts of Turkey. The festival covering a wide spectrum of classical, traditional and contemporary works in music, ballet, theatre and opera including both international and national performances, has proved itself to be one of the cultural and intellectual corner stones of Turkey, attracting great attendance from locals and foreigners visiting Turkey alike. From its first inception, the festival has made a special effort to make the Ancient city of Ephesus, which is one of the best preserved antique cities of the world, and other historical heritage sites of Izmir to be included among its venues.
Find the program here.
- 31. Uluslararası İzmir Festivali
- 31. Uluslararası İzmir Festivaliİzmir’e yaz festivalle geliyor
- 24. İzmir Avrupa Caz FestivaliProgram ve bilet detayları için: www.iksev.org
- 31st International Izmir Festival - opening1 June 2017The International Izmir Festival is opening its 31st edition today and will last until July 4th. The festival, covering a wide spectrum of classical, traditional and contemporary works in music,...
- “Eternal Rhythms and Timeless Masters of Music”: Izmir Festival kicked off with Krzysztof Penderecki17 June 2014The Izmir Foundation for Culture Arts and Education (IKSEV) organises the 28th International Izmir Festival between 14 June and 3 September 2014. The 600th anniversary of diplomatic relationships...
- New on Festival Bytes: Waiting for one’s festival10 June 2014Festivals are people’s desires. Everybody awaits their festival for a whole year while the daily life continues with its regular sorrows, worries, happiness, anger and frequently apathy. When the...