For almost 40 years, the Organisatie Oude Muziek has been a trend-setter in the field of early music, presenting and stimulating new developments
Established in 1982, the 10-day Utrecht Early Music Festival has been the flagship production of the Organisatie Oude Muziek, with over 250 concerts and related activities in the centre of the city, both at TivoliVredenburg and other interesting venues. Every year, a special series of over 60 free fringe concerts, as well as various workshops and masterclasses, open up this festival to young talent from all over the world. The goal of the festival is to keep the adventure of early music alive.
General Director and Programming
T: +31 (0)30 232 9000
- ClubMédieval | Bruges, the Burgundian metropolis | Utrecht Early Music Festival OnlineThe Utrecht Early Music Festival Online presents the concert ‘Bruges, the Burgundian metropolis’ performed by ClubMédieval & Thomas Baeté. We...
- Ensemble Castelkorn | The Violin in Naples | Utrecht Early Music Festival OnlineThe Utrecht Early Music Festival Online presents the concert ‘The Violin in Napels: Matteis & Guido’ performed by Ensemble Castelkorn. We hope...
- Let's talkshow - Dr. Frits van Oostrom: Retoriek en muziek bij de paus.Co-curator Frits van Oostrom werd met klem verzocht géén blad voor de mond te nemen tijdens deze festivaleditie. En dus mag het ook gaan over...
- NAPLES: A PARADISE INHABITED BY DEVILS?6 August 2019Utrecht Early Music Festival is a 10 day early music festival that will take place between 23 August – 1 September 2019 in Utrecht with the theme of Naples. Inspired by Napoli’s cultural and...
- Utrecht Early Music Festival 2019 programme announced9 May 2019Napoli – Music’s Forgotten CapitalThe programme for the 38th edition of the Utrecht Early Music Festival has been announced. Under the title Napoli – Music’...
- Le Guess Who & Utrecht Early Music Festival start long-term collaboration; first joint project at LGW185 October 20182018 marks the start of a long-term collaboration between the Utrecht Early Music Festival and Le Guess Who?. The first joint project, a marathon concert by musician and anthropologist Björn...