2015 Nordic-Baltic Arts Festival Conference to take place in Stockholm
28 October 2015
The next conference of the Nordic-Baltic Festival Platform will take place on 29-30 October 2015 in Stockholm, Sweden. The conference aims to bring together managers and artistic directors of festivals from all fields of art to exchange ideas and best practices, make new connections and explore various possibilities for cooperation, as well as to visit some of Stockholm’s great arts shows.
The conference will include:
- speeches by central figures in the Nordic culture scene,
- discussions on the existence of a Nordic-Baltic identity and how this could be beneficial,
- presentations of positive examples of Nordic-Baltic collaborations,
- open discussions for sharing festival cooperation experiences,
- project presentations from the regions festivals seeking new partnerships
- presentations of funding possibilities
- short festival presentations
The speakers will be, among others:
- Katrín Jakobsdóttir, Member of Icelandic Parliament and former Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Nordic co-operation,
- Per Boye Hansen, Artistic Director of the Norwegian National Opera and former Director of Bergen International Festival,
- Erik Söderblom, opera and theatre director, former Director of Helsinki Festival and former Artistic Director of International Theatre Festival Baltic Circle,
- Jūratė Katinaitė, Lithuanian National Radio Producer, EBU Euroradio Coordinator and Nordic Baltic Concert Season organiser,
- Enel Melberg, Estonian-Swedish novellist and translator,
- Hugo De Greef, EFA Interim Secretary General.
The Nordic-Baltic Festival Platform encourages all arts professionals to take part in this first full scale arts festival conference of the Nordic-Baltic region. Inspiring discussions and many new contacts guaranteed!
When, where, how?
The conference will commence at 14.00 CET on 29 October and will last through 30 October. The conference programme is found here.
For registering to the conference, please fill in the registration form here.
For any additional information, contact the NBFP coordinator Gert-Heiko Kütaru at email@example.com or phone +372 5622 5884.