Les Festivals de Wallonie: New name, new format, same passion!
9 June 2017
Festivals de Wallonie is opening on June 10th in the abbey
of Stavelot and runs until October 27th: rediscover the festival
with a brand new format.
Les Festivals de Wallonie changed its name this year, adding the “s” to referto all festivals it gathers,: Festival Musiq’3, Festival Musical de Namur, Royal Juillet Musical de Saint-Hubert, Festival de Stavelot, Festival Musical du Hainaut, Festival musical du Brabant wallon and Nuits de Septembre/Liège. These 7 festivals have in common the ambition to bring classical music to the broadest audience.
For this new format, Les Festivals de Wallonie will introduce a theme for each edition based on a different musical instrument. This year “keyboards” will be honored, from classic pianos to accordions and organs. As 2017 is also the 450th anniversary of Claudio Monteverdi, you will find several concerts featuring his work in the programme.
Les Festival de Wallonie also gives chances to young talent with projects such as:
- SUPERNOVA: a project that aims at discovering young talents of chamber music
- MusMA: a broadcasting project set up by EFA members to promote young composers in festivals all over Europe.
- THEATRE MUSICAL POUR JEUNE PUBLIC : « MOMO » : a project that blends music and theater to create a show for a young audience.
The 3 headliners of Les Festivals de Wallonie 2017 are:
- Manu Comté, Belgian bandonionist and accordionist
- William Sabatier, French bandonionist,
- Pierre Bartholomée, Belgian composer.
You can find the Press File (in French) here.
Find out more info on their website.