European Shakespeare Festivals Network Call
4 January 2022
This is a call for new work, from the world theatre community.
The European Shakespeare Festivals Network (ESFN) is now 10 years old and brings together 10 key festivals across Europe who present Shakespeare from an international perspective. It encourages collaboration across the various festivals, develop new opportunities and possibilities for theatre and performance makers who want to work with Shakespeare.
The ESFN is delighted to announce a world-wide competition call for a for a small-scale production for 2022.
The winner will be invited to four ESFN member festivals during the year:
- Craiova International Shakespeare Festival (Romania) 19 - 29 May 2022
- Itaka Shakespeare Festival (Serbia) 30 June – 6 July 2022
- Gdansk Shakespeare Festival (Poland) 27 July – 7 August 2022
- Shakespeare Festival at Hamlet’s Castle (Denmark) 29 July – 7 August 2022
To apply, you must be available to perform at all four festivals.
WHAT DOES ESFN EXPECTS?
- A piece derived from Shakespeare’s plays or reworking of his text.
- Around 60-80 minutes in length.
- Maximum of 5 in the total touring company and at least 2 actors.
- No touring set - all props and costumes should be able to travel with the actors as standard luggage
WHAT DOES ESFN OFFER?
All festivals organisers will provide:
- The festival’s regular performance fee for at least two performances
- Accommodation and local transport
- The venue and technical support
- Additional days in residence, meetings with other artists, tickets to performances, etc
- the ESFN will work with the winning company and other partners to try to cover travel costs
TO APPLY IS SIMPLE
- A CV of your company and your previous achievements
- One page statement of your idea for this performance.
- Supporting material: links to online material, photographs, and films of previous productions
The call for applications is open until midnight (CET) on 21 January 2022.
The result of the competition will be announced on 1 February 2022.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com
You can find out more information about ESFN and the full conditions of the call at www.esfn.eu