Leoš Janáček International Music Festival 2022 edition
5 May 2022
The Leoš Janáček International Music Festival takes place from 29 May till 1 July 2022.
The Festival brings a varied programme for this year. Festival visitors will be able to enjoy thirty festival events in six different cities in the Moravian-Silesian Region of the Czech Republic.
Curtains up on some the main highlights of the 2022 edition
- The festival begins this year on 29 May with the Opening Concert featuring the Prague Radio Symphony Orchestra who will perform the Janáček’s Sinfonietta and Strauss’s Concerto and Don Juan.
- The imaginary programme axis consists of symphony concerts by foreign ensembles – the Zagreb Philharmonic or Sinfonia Varsovia - a concert under the baton of Ukrainian conductor Yaroslav Shemet.
- This year's recitals will feature young performers who are already conquering world stages – cellist Zlatomir Fung from the USA, guitarist Miloš Karadaglić from Montenegro and harpsichordist Jean Rondeau from France who is also the artist-in-residence of the Festival.
- Next to classical music concerts, the festival’s programme also includes folklore, jazz, drama, and ballet to satisfy all arts enthousiasts.
- The Festival will conclude with the traditional Festival Epilogue with Polish guests from the Cracow Golden Quintet who will play the works of their compatriots in the Czech premiere on 1 July.
The Leoš Janáček International Music Festival has many things to offer!